I'm struggling...really struggling to get motivated with the rest of my wedding planning that needs to be sorted. I have just under 9 months to get everything organised and I'm becoming slightly panicked! We have booked our venue, and luckily we are both really pleased with it, its very pretty, with a bit of a vintage feel to it, and most importantly its within our budget. It was one of the first places we looked at online and we both fell in love...so thats the venue and food sorted. We are getting married in a pretty little cricket club pavillion and we are having the reception in a big marquee on the cricket pitch!
I found my dress very early on, I just popped into Coast on my own for a quick browse, ended up trying this dress on, just to see what it looked like, and then found myself back there on my own a couple of weeks later purchasing the dress. I've had it packed away in a box for months, not daring to get it out incase it gets dirty, but I'm so pleased with it, its got that vintage/retro feel I was after and I'm very excited to wear it on the day! Even more exciting possibly are my gorgeous bargain Vivienne Westwood shoes...pastel blue with a shiny red heart. Blue is the main colour theme, although we are not having a strict theme at all, the bridesmaids are wearing pale blue and probably the boys ties too.
So...things I still need to sort out are:
1. Photographer - maybe one of the most important things to decide on, but I am struggling to get motivated on this one, it scares me a little, having to pick one person to entrust all your photos to!
2.Rings - I feel like this is something we are going to forget to buy!
3. Decorations - we have a lovely clubhouse room to decorate as well as a big marquee - I think streams of bunting, and paper pom poms hanging from the ceiling, vintage floral tablecloths and all that lovely vintage china I have been stashing away for months!
4. Cake! I would love a 'naked cake' for our wedding...basically a tiered Victoria Sponge decorated with fresh fruit and maybe flowers too.
5. Flowers! Yes definitely need to get on the hunt for a lovely florist, at least for the bouquets, I think loose, blousy pastel coloured blooms will work well with our vintage style.
6. Erm...hen do?! Spa and pamper weekend with afternoon tea? Hmmm...