Monday, 27 April 2009

New and Thrifted Fabric

You may remember number 13 on my list of things I want to do was to increase my fabric stash, well this weekend I got working on that and added some vintage and some new fabric to my little stash. I bought half a meter of each of these four fabrics, I rarely buy more than half a meter as I like to get as many different prints as I can for my money! So I got some bright floral, some gingham, some large blue floral and a tiny blue flower print.



I think this one is really cute and would be great for lining bags,or for some bunting...




Big blue flowers to (maybe) go with some vintage fabric further down in this post...



Gingham, always handy to have, perhaps for Union Jack cushions or bag lining...



And this cheerful floral print which could be used for just about anything!




Then in a little charity shop I spotted these two lovely fabrics. There is enough of these to make a couple of tote bags for my blogshop. I especially like the navy blue fabric with the pale roses on, its very pretty indeed. I am usually saying I can never find anything decent in my charity shops, but this was one that I don't usually go in but I had a bit of extra time to waste so I popped in. I shall definatly be going back as I also got two squares of felt for just 20 pence!


I am very happy with my little haul this weekend! But I think this is my fave print of the lot.



This one is very pretty too, I am not sure what this will turn into, but I couldn't leave it behind!


So I can tick that off the list (or maybe just keep working on it!) Got to get stuck in with numbers one and two X

18 comments:

  1. Lovely fabric, I really like the roses on the blue background ;o) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Gem all the fabrics are lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous fabrics there Gem, well done on choosing them. Can't wait to see what pretties you make with them :)

    I especially like the bunting one, very pretty

    Hugs

    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely fabrics!! That stash will grow quicker than you think!!
    When I get my craft room sorted out, I would like to store my fabrics in colours, because at present they are just about everywhere, and it takes time to find the colour I want! We will see.
    Will keep my eyes peeled to your blog to see what they turn into : )
    Happy crafting : )

    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have found some lovely fabric :-)

    I've always been a paper girl myself, but getting more drawn to fabric and sewing recently!

    You have made some really lovely items!

    Rose X

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely stash.....very pretty!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really looking forward to seeing what you create out of these lovely fabrics. The florals are all beautiful. I am itching to go 'thriftshop shopping' soon but my kids are at home ill at the moment so still no chance. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You will make some lovely lovely things!
    I really like the blue with white roses xx

    Samxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. My name is Liz and I'm addcited to fabric too! (Ssh, don't tell anyone). You've made lovely choices there. I can't ever find just fabric in charities either. Have you tried duvet covers and pillowcases for fabric? I often do that if I see a pattern I like.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the cheery floral fabric, it reminds me of my grandmother's sheets from when I was little!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely fabrics - number 13 will soon become a reality!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are lovely finds, I think gingham is always handy to have around and the flowers are really pretty :)

    Mel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely fabric ... I have been restraining myself from buying more lately as I have so much to use up ... just bought some hanging shelves to go in a wardrobe so that I can split them into colours, designs etc instead of having a big pile! When I am organised will post a pic on SSC x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those fabrics are lovely, I'm sure you will be able to make some fabulous things from them
    Take Care
    Love Melanie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely fabrics Gem, so nice to see some blues in blogland!

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for your lovely comments Gem, glad you liked the UJ cushion too :)

    I have been buying some fabric on Ebay and came across a lovely vintage CK one,'Classic Rose' and looks very much though not exact, like your favourite new fabric with the roses on, thought you would like to know :)

    Hugs

    X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Watch out Gem, fabric is VERY addictive LOL
    The one with the tiny blue flowers is one of my favourites, I made little geese and large geese dungerees from it. Lovely.

    Love and blessings
    xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous fabrics Lil Gem, you certainly are building up a stash. Do you keep them all folded on a pretty shelf for inspiration? Looking forward to seeing what you create with them.
    Bertie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I love reading them and will always try to get back to you and visit your blog! xx Gem