Wednesday, 2 September 2009

Brooches and Postcards

Oops another week went past without me posting! Sorry about that, I seem to either have lots to show you or nothing (depending on my spending lol!) But I also feel that I don't want my blog to just be about all the things I've bought, and would rather it be more about me, what I've been doing etc, which of course it isn't going to be today as I have a few (teeny tiny) purchases to show.

Well actually this isn't a purchase by me, but my mum and dad bought me this lovely blue brooch last week from East (it was on sale) and is really well made. Its also a nice little bit of inspiration for differnent types of brooches I could make.

I just pinned it to the Union Jack cushion to take the photo!


Now this lovely envelope dropped through my letterbox today and comes from the ever so talented Claire at Dollydollop, I had been lucky enough to recieve one of Claires lovely Union Jack heart brooches when she sent me a little parcel back here.


Now that Claire has opened up her blogshop Ginger Pudding I put in an order for another one! And it came sweetly wrapped in pink tissue paper with a tiny CK sticker and a paper flower (which I have kept in my box of bloggy/Shabby Chic Cafe cards)


And here it is :: a very sweet polka dot felt background and perfect pink blanket stitching...




And here it is pinned to my cardi - if you'd like to give one of these gorgeous brooches a home please do visit Ginger Pudding as they are lovely!




Changing the topic completely, I found these vintage inspired postcards the other day in an (new) old fashioned sweet shop near me and bought two to put on the BF's boiler.


This typhoo one matches the coasters we bought a couple of weeks ago...




And this one was cute so they will cheer up the boring boiler!



Til next time! X

15 comments:

  1. Hi Gem,

    Those are both fab brooches!
    I will def have to go check out that shop!

    Cute postcards too :-)

    Rose XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sweet postcards. Although when I first saw them I read one as 'boobies wobble'! Oops! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your first pic - I am going all red, white and blue for autumn (in the house), so that's inspirational stuff for me! Thanks for keeping us up to date.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a good idea to put those lovely pics on your boiler - i did that in my last house

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was lucky enough to get one of Claire's brooches in a heart swap! They're lovely, aren't they?
    The postcards are gorgeous, and must definitely brighten up the boiler!
    HOPE YOU'RE HAVING A GOOD WEEK : )

    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love vintage postcards!

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohooo what lovely pretties :)
    The Claire brooch is gorgeous, me need one too ;) and the cute postcards are yummylicious, I nearly bought a little tin like the Jaeger one, wish I had bought it now ;)

    Hugs

    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. The brooch is so pretty! I love those vintage replica postcards, I have the Typhoo one in my kitchen.
    Isabelle x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there thank you for becoming a follower on my blog.

    Now I have found your lovely blog. Have become a follower and will come back again.

    Lovely postcards by the way. The woollies one is so cute.


    MBBx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've just found you, and so glad I have! I popped by when I saw the title of your blog and thought - that's so me! I'm a Gem too. When I arrived I was so absorbed by all the pictures - I love all your things and the pictures of the lovely shops. I'll definitely be back x

    ReplyDelete
  11. i've got a teeny tiny tin that matches the typhoo postcard, also i love the brooches! fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the pink heart brooch! And the postcards are really sweet!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE IT ALL!!!
    Especially the felt heart one!
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just popped over to say Hi. Those postcards are dead cute I some like that the other day when I was in brugge. I wish I had bought them now.
    Congrat's on getting your make's up for sale hunni I really do admire you.
    ((((hugs)))
    karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I love reading them and will always try to get back to you and visit your blog! xx Gem