Tuesday, 4 January 2011

2010 In Pictures

Hello everyone and Happy New Year!
2010 is over and I am looking forward to a brand new year, but before it gets too late I thought I'd have a little look back through this past year, and what I've blogged about... 

January

I had a go at making a string patch cushion...


Cut out and sewed the top of my second quilt (still to be finished!!)


February

I got the hexagon bug and couldn't stop making them!


My first hexagon project turned into this extra long cushion


I had lots of fun watching this little man grow bigger (and cuter!)


I completed the purple quilt for the BF's flat (used often and loved very much!)



March

I made strings of bunting in multi-coloured fabrics


Had some more fun with hexagons on a miniature scale for my shop...


April

I took part in the colour swap and sent these blue goodies...


And recieved these gorgeous pink goodies!


May

I stocked up on these thrifted brown and cream vintage buttons and threads


Made a little something for my cousin's first child...


Became a dab hand at making chocolate chip cookies


Made some vintage cushions..


June

I baked yummy chocolate marble cake...


Made bunting for my very first nephew


Had a lovely birthday and received beautiful gifts


Brought some birthday flowers into my room...



July

Made a personalised cushion for my cousin's little boy...


Had a go at growing our own strawberries on the windowsill


Baked nectarine muffins (with some success!)


August

I won a gorgeous vintage inspired giveaway...


Sewed a pretty floral cushion


Went to the Pick Your Own Farm


And successfully made my very first jams!


I also started hexagoning again with the aim of making another quilt (still in progress!)


September

I made a custom order string of bunting...


Watched as my sewing got rudely interrupted by Jack!


October

Made a warming Apple Tart mmm


Sewed a very very long Happy Birthday string of bunting!


November

I made a start on the Christmas stocking orders!


Found some gorgeous vintage Utility China


Created a pretty make up purse for a custom order


December

Started preparing for Christmas with some cute tins for baked goodies


Got knee deep in stocking orders!


Crafted for the Christmas fair


And set up my very first stall at the Emporium Christmas Fair!


Oh, and made a truffle or two! 


Phew!
Heres hoping 2011 is as productive and sees the completion of a quilt or two, I really must pick them up and get going with them!
Happy New Year to all my lovely readers and followers, thanks for your comments and emails in 2010
XXXX

14 comments:

  1. Wow, you were busy! and they all look so pretty!
    Am going to have a go at making more this year - sure they wont look as good as yours though!
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for a lovely post - the piccies are fab especially the one of the cute little fella with his hands over his ears - what were you saying to him!! lol! love Annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is quite an achievement! Did you sleep at all last year or just craft? :)
    Kandi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a year it has been. I love this post, you have achieved so much.
    Here is to another great and successful year ahead :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great year you had.
    May 2011 be just as successful and filled with happiness and health.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year!

    You've certainly had a busy year!

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy new year. You have ben a busy bee this past year, the christmas stall looks lovely, Lucey xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. How busy were you in 2010?
    Have a happy and productive 2011.
    love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What gorgeous eye candy, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, just discovered your blog & I'm now feeling very inspired! It's gorgeous. Just wondered if I could be very cheeky and ask where you got the stamps for your labels from? I love the text! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Melissa,
    thank you for commenting!
    The stamps are this set:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fun-Practical-Seas-Alphabet-Stamp/dp/B0006TLDNI
    Hope that helps
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you very much for that! I love making my own labels & it's always nice to have different stamps x

    ReplyDelete
  13. hola! remember me xx
    I signed into blogger for first time since ...october??? crikey
    lovely posts Gem and I owe you an email...will catch up soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. It sure has been a very creative 2010 for you! I love everything you make with the sewing machine... the desings you pick, the hexagons, the BF quilt... I love them all!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I love reading them and will always try to get back to you and visit your blog! xx Gem