Monday, 14 March 2011

Blue and Yellow

The other week at Big Girls Craft Club I was presented with this gorgeous retro/vintage style recipe box from Sandy as a thank you for teaching one of her children's classes when she was unable to make it.
 I was so surprised and so chuffed as its lovely, and just the thing for storing all those recipes torn from magazines and printed off the internet.


Sandy reads my blog and says she thought of me when she saw it. Well it is very me! Pretty, retro, and foodie! And its got six fab sections for starters, veggies, fish, meat, baking and puddings (the last two are of course my faves!) So here is another thank you for Sandy!! :)


Other new blue and yellow lovelies brought home were these two utility china finds:


Johnson Bros Greydawn plate £1
Meakin Sunshine bowl £2


Happy Days 
:)
x



12 comments:

  1. What a lovely recipe box, I'm going to have to look out for something similar. I suppose one day I might get all my recipes filed away rather than just sat in a pile!

    ~c~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, and a great match with your new china finds x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Owww how kind.Love the cheeky little birdie on the box how sweet is that? Lucey xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice :) Did you know there are loads of other lovelies in that range ;)

    Gorgeous dishes too - I've never seen any like those in our CS's :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. That recipe box is lovely.I need one like that as my recipes are all jumbled up in a file box and it takes me ages to find the one I want!
    Great china finds too!
    Have a lovely week.Today is going to be the warmest day of the year so far..down in the South that is. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh what a lovely present.. she must know your likes very well because it is very you !!!

    love your new dishes .. colours are gorgeous.!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really are building quite a collection aren't you? I'm envious.

    Love the gift too, very handy and oh so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're so lucky with the utility china!

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's one of the sweetest recipe boxes I've ever seen!!!
    ♥´¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*´¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´♥ Lori Lynn ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that recipe box! We sell them at work and I am often swooning over the whole range x

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooh i bought this for my mum! Got it from Pussy in Brighton, do you know it? Been collecting recipies for her which we will design and print out for her to put in the box! :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooh love the recipe box. I need something like that. Gorgeous utility pieces too. I picked up a couple of teapots last week in the charity shops then got home and realised I already how one of them. What a numpty! Never mind, for such a cheap price it can be a replacement if the other one gets broken!!!!

    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I love reading them and will always try to get back to you and visit your blog! xx Gem