Friday, 30 September 2011

Finding...And Keeping

Just a couple of little thrifty finds to share with you today, I have not been in the charity shops much lately (I am missing them!) but I have still managed to bring home a pretty bit of china or two!
Firstly is this gorgeous little green glass jug, the size and shape is perfect and it has become my new favourite jug of the moment! It looks really sweet displayed next to this big Meakin Utility China jug which I got a while ago.


It has no makers mark, but it looks quite old to me, and art deco in shape. I'd love to find some in other colours as I really like coloured glass, and there is lots of it about to be found. I could see it becoming a new collection hobby of mine!


Last weekend I went to the Joy of Vintage Fair in Watford, which was lovely, although a little smaller than I had imagined it would be. Luckily there was a lovely stall which was selling my kind of pretties; floral and utility china, fabric and handmade goodies. I spotted this beautiful 'Greendawn' coffee pot and was expecting it to be really over priced, but it was £6 and in perfect condition so I went ahead and bought it. My mum was also standing next to me admiring a set of yellow 'Petalwear' plates, so we decided to get those too as they were only £4 for four plates.


I do like finding a piece of utility china in charity shops and think the thrill of the treasure hunting is great, but it is also rather nice when someone has done the hard work already and found those lovely things for you, and even better - will sell them to you at a reasonable price too!


What finds have you been keeping this week?
I really love to know what my readers have been up to, so please do let me know in the comments!
x gem x

12 comments:

  1. What lovely finds, there all really lovely ,its such a lovely feeling to find something so pretty i much prefer buying things for my home which i will keep forever rather than clothes that i get bored of wearing or too small !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous finds. Love the pics of your utility wear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely things. I'm hopefully moving not far from Watford so will be able to visit that fair and also Fleetville Emporium more often. That is a good price - so nice when you feel like you've got a bargain from a dedicated vintage thing - getting rarer these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful finds, you lucky thing!xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the shapes, very pretty xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Meakin jug is gorgeous! I'd like to find some Meakin china as I mostly have Johnson Bros. No finds this week, although I have tomorrow off work so you never know!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely finds. I use my jugs as vases, it's a good way to justify by a few. Any excuse.

    ReplyDelete
  8. £4 for four plates is a good buy! I know what you mean about finding utility ware in charity shops, its the thrill of the chase!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooohh what lovely treasures you've come across.. I'm not so lucky at finding thing's myself. I love your pale blue jug.

    Ashley xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all beautiful buys! Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you're happy with the utility china; I can't believe I sold something to someone whose blog I read! Vicki x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your jug is Meakin "Celeste"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I love reading them and will always try to get back to you and visit your blog! xx Gem