Thursday, 29 September 2011

Loving the Bake Off

I don't know about you, but I am loving The Great British Bake Off on BBC2, I really enjoyed the first series too, but I think this years bakes have been even more impressive. 
So imagine my joy when I was browsing the books in Tesco and spotted this for only £10! I have the book of the first series, and love it, but I didn't even realise that they had already made the book for this series. If you own the first book you will know how gorgeous it is, and this one is also rather lovely, although its slightly more "technical" as opposed to just recipes.


It contains all of the recipes of the "technical challenges" from this series along with step by step photos, it also has a huge range of recipes, a mix of ones from within the show and some new ones. The pies and tarts look especially interesting.


I'd love to know if you are enjoying the Bake Off and who you think will win/should win! Personally I would like Jo to win, but I think Holly will. Your thoughts please, as I am sure that you bloggers are watching it, why wouldn't you? Its major eye candy!!


So yes, that was a little gift to myself this week, along with a little bunch of flowers, also from good old Tesco, I find that their flowers really do last well. I am really enjoying the colours of these carnations and roses, the peachy orange is so pretty and a nice autumnal colour too. I have kept my personal promise of buying myself flowers regularly. Surprisingly, the other week the BF said "I thought about buying you some flowers the other day" (he didn't buy them, but the fact that he's "thinking about it" is better than nothing, no? 


I'll keep you posted on the flower situation, I just know you are all on the edge of your seats!
x gem x

13 comments:

  1. Hiya,

    I completely agree with you! I'm enjoying the bake off so much..I really wish it had some more recognition!

    I've seen the book, it looks wonderful inside and I'm glad they included all the technical bits. I was tempted to buy it but am going to ask for it as a pressie for xmas instead.

    Looking forward to the final!

    Gemma x

    P.S - I just launched my shop website so if any of you are interested feel free to take a peek!

    http://www.homemadegems.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, loving the Bake Off - I want Holly to win though. Shame Janet has gone, I was fascinated watching her facial expressions every week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gemma Oh wow I love your blog it's beautiful!! I love watching the bake off and would like Jo to win. Looking forward to reading more of your blog. I just saw your rocky road mmm will definitely have to make that! Blessings Niki x

    ReplyDelete
  4. i too, agree totally i think jo's personality is lovely so it swings it for me ;0)
    also i do love her cakes ;0)...but i guess hollys been more consistent in most rounds?
    love mel and sue- wish they'd bring back that old prog tho hosted together back in the 90's?
    love your photos- the book looks really great ;0)x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the British Bake off and treated myself to the book too! I've tried the chocolate velvet cupcakes receipe and they were yummy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the great British Bake Off, I'm actually a bit obsessed as I have watched them all three times lol.

    It's weird, I was just looking at the new book on amazon! Looks a bit too technical to me, but is the old one worth buying?

    I hope Jo wins, but I'm not sure who will! Can't wait to find out, but will be sad it's over! All my friends say I should enter next year, and I am so tempted!

    Hopefully see you on Wednesday? x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am loving Bake Off as well, was so pleased they decided to do a second series. Unfortunately I don't own either of the books (yet!) I don't mind who wins, they're all amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Bake Off. I watch it on catch up again too!
    I was looking at this book in Tesco the other day. Its a lovely book and great for £10.
    Dx

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love the bake off and i love the tent where they cook with all the pretty pastels, i want jo to win too she is so sweet, the book is def on my wish list xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. sadly i havnt been watching it , i find the evenings seem to fly by and if im not watching my usual programes im busy sewing or something else , i always treat myself to some flowers every week when i do the "big shop" i love the colours and scents of lilies x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am loving this series of the Bake Off - I am hoping Mary-Ann or Jo win :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. oohh yes I am loving that series too, didn't see the last one. I am right on the edge of my seat re the flower situation ...... x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have to admit I didn't enjoy this year as much as last. I felt that at times the judges were so critical of the bakers not taking into account they were amateurs!

    That aside it was fantastic to watch and does make me want to get the flour out!

    Have fun with your new books

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I love reading them and will always try to get back to you and visit your blog! xx Gem