Monday, 21 November 2011

Make Yourself At Home


Make Yourself At Home
Isn't that such a lovely saying? I love cosy homely things and when I spotted this mug in John Lewis I decided to treat myself to it, I liked the sentiment behind it, and I had chipped a few older mugs the other week. I had been feeling a little down, and although I'm not one to go shopping to make myself feel better, I thought I'd pop some cheap yet pretty chocolates into my basket too.


I love love love turkish delight, I love rose flavoured anything, and these were so prettily packaged (and quite reasonable too) that I went for these. I have been having one every now and then as I don't want to eat my way through them, I want to savour them, and enjoy every bite! And rather perfectly, it turns out no one else at home likes rose flavoured things so they are mine all mine :)


Also rather enjoyable was this cake I brought home from work. Its a Lemon Drizzle with blackberries running through the middle and has a yummy lemon icing too. This is one of my favourites, not only to eat but to make too!



Cake and chocolate aside, I have eaten some salad this week, although we are no longer in 'salad season', I do like something on the side of my pasta bake! Comfort food :) We also tried some fancy pink lemonade this week which was gorgeous!


Lots and lots of cups of tea have been consumed, I love a mug of tea in the morning, but in the evening its nice to share a pot of tea in a dainty little cup.


Now I must bake something yummy and delicious to go on my new glass cake stand (its from the new Kirsty Alsopp for M&S range) and is waiting patiently for a pretty cake to top it off.

Any suggestions?
X

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous things gem. How about a fruit cake to get in the mood for Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps a coconut cake all white and frothy atop your cake stand? Like a pile of freshly fallen snow! Love this post. Made me feel right at home for sure. So many pretties! Happy day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new mug - I love all things homely and cosy too! It's very festive looking too so prefect for this time of year! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post. Your new mug is fab and I adore rose flavoured things - rose and violet flavourings are my favourite and, if I'm lucky, I get a small box of Charbonnel & Walker rose and violet creams each Christmas. I make them last til Valentine's day!

    I agree with K's comment above - a coconut cake would be lovely. I've been meaning to make one for ages, have a look at the one on Cherry Menlove's website. It looks lovely!

    Nicki xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gem,
    Gorgeous pictures,i love that rose plate in the first pic and the tea cosy and cups,so pretty.
    Good for you for treating yourself to some pretty bits to make your home cosy.
    I love rose flavor too,have you had rose tea? its gorgeous and really soothing.
    As far as cake it would have to be fruit cake for me at this time of year with a nice cup of tea.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cake stand is lovely - I'd be rushing to buy one EXCEPT I've made a square christmas cake!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think a four layer victoria sponge filled with strawberries and rosewater scemted softly whipped cream. OMG I'm salivating.

    I love rose flavoured stuff too. Those chocs of yours look lush. I love the packaging of champagne truffles by charbonnel and walker too. I collect the empty boxes.

    I'm coveting your egg cupboard too.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your new purchases! I must say that a bit of retail therapy does wonders for my mood...but it has to be something for the home(preferably vintage)....not clothes or shoes.What about some cupcakes to adorn your new cake stand? Just google 'rose petal cupcakes'...I think you'll like them! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oohh what lovely buys, I saw that gorg cake stand the other day but talked myself out of it as I already had one but it is still calling me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Pink lemonade and Turkish delight as well. Fry's Chocolate Turkish delight is one of my favourite chocolates to have. I like the old fashioned packaging of the Turkish delight you bought.
    The mug is just adorable!!
    Whichever cake you end up baking, I am sure if will look fab on the cake stand :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do have a suggestion!! have a look here!! http://creacionesartisticas-marie.blogspot.com/2011/08/pastel-vertical-de-rosas-superdesafio.html some time ago I made these two vertical roses cakeS ! yes, 2! and I still have one of them in the freezer! I need some nice company and that beautiful cake stand (the one I used for the party is actuially my mother in law's and even though I have sent too many indirects about it...she is still won't give it to me...hmmmm mothers in law...
    I looooooooooooooooove your blog and the way you tell us things, I wish I lived closer!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Gemma,
    Your blog is just gorgeous - I'm so glad that I stumbled upon it!!! Looking at the photos in this post has made me VERY hungry. That cake looks delicious! And, actually, the box and mug look good enough to eat, too!!! ;-)
    I'll definitely be visiting again.....
    Until next time.....
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. you make having tea party the best place to be- your home is such a delight x love looking at all your lovely things x

    ReplyDelete
  14. *sigh* look at that pretty pile of teacups! I so nearly bought that green cake stand too last week, maybe Santa will buy it for me instead! Can't wait to see what you bake for it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Why not try baking a cake you have not yet baked?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I love reading them and will always try to get back to you and visit your blog! xx Gem