Tuesday, 10 January 2012

Gifts Given & Received

 Hello lovely readers and Happy 2012 to you!

Sorry I have gotten a little behind with my posts lately, I wanted to do a big yearly round up of 2011 but it seems a bit silly to do that when we are two weeks into January now! 
Instead, I thought I would just do a little catch up post showing you my lovely Christmas gifts.

It seems appropriate to start with this diary, a gift from my sister - who knows me so well.
I love a new diary, I love love love writing! Give me a notebook and a nice pen and I could just keep writing. I love planning, making lists and jotting ideas. Thats the plan for this diary; I don't want it to be full of appointments and nothing else. It is going to me more like a journal, with notes, ideas and thoughts for each week and month. I am planning a little break in February so this will be perfect for jotting down things to do and places to see!


Another gift that was just perfect was this manicure set, which, let me tell you, is much needed at the moment. My nails are so weak, and yes I have been biting again, which is not good, but I have been stressed! So I need to give my hands and nails some TLC with this lovely set.


I got a lovely Christmas sweetie bag from the BF from Hope and Greenwood (kind of funny that we both bought each other sweets from here, we love the shop!) sadly no photos of the sweets, I left them at the BFs, but I took the bag home as it was so sweet! There is nothing nicer than an attractive bit of packaging I say!


The BF also bought me some gorgeous pyjamas (which are possibly the best present anyone could ever buy me) I LOVE pyjamas, I love buying them, wearing them and snuggling up in them. I pretty much put my PJs on as soon as I get home if I'm not going outside again. I love to be sooo cosy! Cosy socks also a bonus with me!


I used this pretty pastel green cup to display the Cath Kidston manicure goodies in my room. I like that they match well too! Who says you can't use tea cups for other purposes? 


I was lucky enough to receive this gorgeous writing set (Cath Kidston, again!) which I can't wait to use! The person who gave this to me didn't even know how much I like Cath Kidston, so it was a real surprise, but a lovely one :)


Moving away from the floral theme - I got these bright red "Converse" style shoes... I know everybody loves a pair of Converse trainers, and maybe its just me, but Converse hurt my feet soooo much! The shoes are just tooo narrow! Does anyone else have this problem? I now buy the lookalikes as they fit so much better and look practically identical anyway, so I'm not fussed! Anyway, I have been wearing these with my red spotty scarf and blue Cath Kidston handbag. I think they go quite well together.


My mum gave me this pretty sheer nude coloured shirt which I love and have been wearing non stop. I like that the collar is a slightly different colour, and that it is smart, yet pretty too!


From my mum and dad I received this beautiful smelling gift set by Philosophy. I had never taken much notice of the brand before, but when I came across this perfume I fell in love! If you haven't smelt the amazing grace range I recommend that you do, it is so clean and fresh smelling. It is certainly my new favourite, and I haven't had a new favourite for about six years so it has made an impact!
 (I still love you 'Lovely' by Sarah Jessica Parker!)


From the BF I received the Mary Berry Cakes & Bakes book, and the Leon Baking and Puddings book. His mum gave me the Vintage Tea Party book, which by the way is completely beautiful throughout.


I was soo lucky and so spoilt to receive things that were so me. I didn't make a list, yet every gift I received was lovely, and had a lot of thought behind it.


I can't wait to try some of the amazing ideas in this book, it really is beautiful. 


I am really proud of the Leon book, as I was assistant to the designer, as she was designing it! Its so nice to see the pages in real life after seeing them on her computer screen, and it really is a wonderful book too. There are soo many things I want to try - especially the breakfast pancakes!! :)


Enough about my gifts, but a little snapshot of some of the things I gave:
To the BF for his van as he always forgets to bring a drink with him! I found it in Wilkinsons if anyone was wondering where its from!


The teatowel on the right went in my mum's stocking, and the one on the left went in the BFs stocking.
I found them both in Primark, and they are really lovely!


For the BFs mum, as I know she loves the saying...


I made a little sale purchase too, just for home. This adorable tealight house!
Oh its just so sweet! Not too Christmassy, I plan on having this out for a few months yet, it was stuffed full of fudge, and only £3!


Ahh sadly, everything else in these photos has been packed away with the decorations, but I was adamant that the house stayed. Its a seasonal item I said, not a Christmas item :) I'm right aren't I?


Anyone else clinging on to Christmas, or are we all full swing, head first into 2012 and oncoming Spring?!
xg

19 comments:

  1. I think your BF is hinting very heavily that you should start baking cakes for him! lol!! You received amazing gifts and there is not one of them that I would not be delighted with! The PJ's are my fave though, can't beat a PJ day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this post,i recieved similar bits for christmas too.. love cath kidston and snuggly pj's..
    Have a great evening :)
    Mantha xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You lucky lady - some very pretty pressies there :)

    Love the drink flask - I'd like one of those for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They all know you so well. I wouldn't have said no to a house filled with fudge either and I see no reason why it can't stay out a while.

    I have that vintage tea party book, it's lovely. The other two look great as well. My nails have been rubbish this winter, really drying out and splitting. It took me ages to grow them enough to try any of my new nail varnishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was given that CK diary too,and,like yo, I will use it more as a journal.It's nice to look back and see what you've done over the year isn't it? I have kept mine going back ten years now! Your PJ's are gorgeous! I saw some TU ones in Sainsburys yesterday,and was tempted,but the purse is empty after Christmas.Oh well,have to put them on my birthday list.
    Happy week! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You lucky thing! You were given some gorgeous pressies.

    I have the same CK writing set.

    Madison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely gifts :) I have the Keep Calm bottle.... it's fab!! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful gifts! I've kept a couple of little decorations out. They are not too Christmassy so I think I can get away with it! Nice to start a fresh new year though!

    Have a lovely day!

    Vanessa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm still clinging on! Only just getting round to watching Corrie & Eastenders from Xmas and it's making me feel a tad sad that it's all over : (

    I got a new diary and just love to write in it too...just little lists or things I loved about my day. I got new PJ's for xmas (a must on my list!!) and could not wait to wear them either...love love PJ's!

    Gemma x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab presents Gem both received and given. I am still clinging on too, I have just bought all my wrapping paper and cards ready for next year pluse lots of new Xmas decorations all in the sale of course :)x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. lucky girl !! i,m afraid i am a 'pack it all away right now ' girl . happy baking ! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. You received some lovely gifts! I agree that snowflakes are a winter thing - not just Christmas, however, I had to pack all of mine away so that I can start to think of spring!
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have that Cath Kidston 2012 diary as well. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all your goodies. One thing better than the other. :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yep I am having problems letting it go - mind you I am looking forward to Spring. Love all your pressies by the way, those jimmies look so snuggly.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm clinging on too. I feel really sad it's all over. I really miss the Christmas tree and the carols on the radio.

    I got the Vintage tea party book too. Edible transfers have blown my mind!!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know, you pick bits up in the sale and its oh Christmas has gone! Then we get a bit of sun and its come on spring...

    I think candles etc are essentials to see us through winter, love the house.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely gifts! I was given the same lovely mink PJs by a friend, they are so comfy aren't they! Happy New Year - hopefully I will see you soon!? xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorge gifts. I love the PJs. I got the Vintage Tea Party book too, its beautiful.
    Dx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I love reading them and will always try to get back to you and visit your blog! xx Gem