Monday, 6 February 2012

Portobello Road


Last week I took a little afternoon trip to Portobello Road - its famous for its market which is always full of interesting and eclectic things. This time, I brought my camera along to snap some photos. 


I was immediately drawn to this collection of vintage enamelware and tins, I looove old packaging, and I especially love tins! These were all a little bit expensive for my liking though, so I was just browsing.


This shop was full of lots of interesting old bits and bobs, and was a real treasure trove!
We stopped off for coffee and some lunch in a lovely cafe/bakery which served us this bee-yoo-tiful coffee. Isn't it so pretty? I can make a heart shape in the coffees I do at work, but this is a work of art!


I went for a vegetable quiche which was sooo yummy. I must try to make this type of quiche at home, it was amazing!


We strolled along, admiring the pastel coloured buildings and popped into Cath Kidston for a browse, although I didn't buy anything. I've actually not bought anything from there for ages, but always love to look, and admire the gorgeous shop styling.


I was pleased to see these gorgeous pastel coloured tulips, which matched all the houses. I think it means that Spring is on the way!!


Anybody else excited about Spring?!
xg

5 comments:

  1. Ooo I really want to go to Portobello road market but never find the time! Was it all very expensive? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful images as always...love Portobello market...i miss it, when a uni student i would visit often just for the atmosphere and end up in a coffee shop ;0)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How I sometimes really wish I lived in London rather than the sticks. Those tulips are so lovely.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh I really miss London! I'm definitely over due a visit xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so good! Look at all those treasures. Lovely pics Gem. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I love reading them and will always try to get back to you and visit your blog! xx Gem