Wednesday, 22 February 2012

New Things & New Places


Thanks for all the kitchen love in my last post :) I'm so glad there are so many bloggers out there who have the same taste as me as I certainly love looking at all your lovely homes, and sharing snippets of mine. I have a couple of new things to show today, first up is The Primrose Bakery Book which I made sure I had a good look through in real life before buying it. Its a gorgeous gorgeous book and it has recipes in it that I will actually make, unlike a lot of the cake books which are beautiful but the cakes are either too basic or waaaay too fancy. This book has a good mix!


I love to read cookery books as if they are a real book. I like to sit down in the evening and read page by page with all the little hints, tips and stories behind the recipes. I love pouring over every detail in every photo. One thing I have definitely decided is I really would like to go to the Primrose Bakery seeing as its not far from me it seems silly not to!


I also wanted to share my mums little collection of green uranium glass or 'depression' glass I think its called. The little jug and trinket dish were both found at Fleetville Vintage Emporium. The taller jug at the back was a gift from a lovely friend. I just love the shapes of the glass and - well, I love jugs as you well know!


At this time of year I love to have a change about, move things around and I made a new little pastel display in the kitchen - feeling much more spring like now!


The new pyrex bowls join some IKEA milkshake/latte cups on the "shelf of blue pastel goodness" :)


I LOVE these cups, we use them all the time,  but they are too nice to be hidden away in the cupboard, so out they came, and the blue bowls neeeeeded to join them.


More shuffling...make way for vintage glasses!


Ooh yes, now my Sunday consisted of visiting a new place that had opened up in Angel, called Bill's Cafe. Albert and I went for hot chocolate and cake mid afternoon. It was fab! Best hot chocolate I have had in a while - look it came with a flake!

Inside Bill's is just brilliant. Its full of their own label products; jams, chutneys, biscuits, flavoured lemonades. Just an amazing selection. If you order a tea you get it in a fab enamel teapot (which are available to buy) and they also have their own cookbook which you can buy there too!


The shelves....oh my! The shelves :)


Just brilliant, great service and delicious food too! I love trying out new places to eat, and I think Bill's will be somewhere we'll keep visiting for a while!


Even their outside area is pretty...I want to steal the flowers in teapot idea, I think it looks so pretty and is a good way of showing off some nice china too!


New Things & New Places
xg

19 comments:

  1. Great post Gem. Love all the pics and how fab is the flowers in teapot idea.
    Dx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow sounds like a fantastic place! I am going to Angel tomorrow! I wonder if we can stop in! The primrose bakery book is fantastic! I keep going back to it! I would really recommend the bakery in Primrose itself - especially on a Sunday, then you can take a stroll up Primrose hill to see the city! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new cafe looks lovely! Wish we had somewhere nice like that near me - serves me right for living in Northamptonshire I guess! I have loads of cake books but that Primrose Bakery one I don't have... can feel a purchase coming on!

    I'm having a baking-themed giveaway at mine at the moment... nothing much but a few little bits you might like if you want to pop over and put your name in the hat? xxx

    Have a great week!

    Nicki xx

    PS love the glassware. I'm obsessing about a glass teacup right now. I really REALLY want one! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for showing us Your lovely kitchen shelves .... I'm lusting after that green glass.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a beautiful things you have in your kitchen!
    nice post!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That may well be the yummiest hot chocolate I have ever seen. Love all the pastels in your kitchen.

    Madison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really nice! I love the colour of the Ikea milkshake cups..so pretty! Your hot chocolate looks really good too : )

    Gemma x

    P.s I'm having a giveaway on my blog if anyone wants to enter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really nice! I love the colour of the Ikea milkshake cups..so pretty! Your hot chocolate looks really good too : )

    Gemma x

    P.s I'm having a giveaway on my blog if anyone wants to enter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Primrose bakery book sounds like a good one, I like ones that have quite simple to do recipes in it :)
    I like your Mum's collection of green depression glass. I have a green jug like the one your Mum has (but mine has a diamond shape design to it)..it makes a great flower vase.
    The hot chocolate looks far to yummy and love the tulips in the teapots (how cute!).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy piccies,What a great looking book and cafe. I've been getting all the pastels out this week too,great minds,lol. I cant wait for spring to spring!Have a lovely day,xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. That place looks amazing, I can see why you would want to go back :) x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awhh love all the pastels! I love Bills! Weve had one in Brighton for years, such a nice atmosphere! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. That cookery book looks fab..as does all your lovely kitchen stuff.I enjoy buying things for my kitchen more than I do clothes!
    We nearly had a Bill's place in our town(in the old town hall)but the council faffed about for so long making up their minds,that in the end Bill got fed up and went elsewhere.We go to the one in Lewes...if we can get in...it's always packed! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Shelves and shelves of yummy goodness at that cafe. Mmmm... your hot chocolate didn't look to bad either!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW the hot choc looks impressive! Your kitchen looks so pretty. Another lovely post Gem! Please take a look at my blog http://arobellacreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, that hot chocolate looks amazing! Wish I had somewhere like that near where I live. Though it's probably best for my diet that I dont..lol. Love the sneak peaks of your new kitchen displays :)
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your new pyrex bowls look lovely on your shelf of blue pastel goodness. Coloured glass is gorgeous too, it's something I've been drawn to recently. I bought a couple of pink coloured glass pieces last year and can see myself buying more.

    I keep picking up the Primrose Bakery book to buy but then feel I can't justify it as there are other baking books on my shelf which I received for Christmas but haven't used yet. Can't wait to see what you bake from it. I've heard the chocolate layer cake recipe is meant to be excellent. love the shape of the jug in your first photo too, it's very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Gem, Can't wait to see you Friday!

    Just to let you know I have 'tagged' you on my blog! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the Primrose Bakery book. Am trying to perfect their style of icing - think I need to stick to a piping bag!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I love reading them and will always try to get back to you and visit your blog! xx Gem