Friday, 3 February 2012

Our Sunday Tradition

The BF and I have recently started a new tradition for our lazy Sunday mornings...

We make:

::Pancakes::


We've been using a fantastic recipe from The Quince Tree, which produces the most delicious, light, fluffy and perfect pancakes every time. The link to the recipe can be found here.
You must try it. You wont regret it!


We keep them wrapped up in a tea towel whilst we finish making the rest of the batch. This means they stay nice and warm too...


Our first attempt was served with sliced banana and a generous drizzle of golden syrup...
It was completely delicious :)


The next Sunday we made ourselves a steaming cup of tea in our new enamel mugs - I'm in love with these mugs! Perfect for picnics, and beaches and camping, I can't wait to use them outside the house!


I do love a cup of tea in the morning, for me nothing else beats it. The first drink I have must always always always be tea...


That Sunday we tried blueberries with our pancakes. I made a blueberry compote with fresh blueberries, and also added blueberries into the pancake mix. I was going for the style of pancake topping that I had at The Diner which was just delicious!


The result?
Oh my goodness I had died and gone to pancake heaven. If you love blueberries then I cannot explain how gooood this was. I'm drooling over the laptop just thinking about it!


This week we are going for chocolate chip pancakes, which I am sure, will be a huge hit too!

I love making new traditions with the BF, and I hope we continue to come up with some exciting pancake ideas that I can share on the blog!
I'd love to know what weekly family traditions do you have?
X

11 comments:

  1. cute post - my boys love their pancakes xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yummy ;0)xx havent had pancakes in a longen but did notice tesco doing an already made up bottle of the stuff and thought thats a good idea- quick and easy ;0)xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only ever seem to have pancakes on Shrove Tuesday(pancake day)...and even then I sometimes forget to make them.
    Going to give your recipe a go...but which topping?....decisions,decisions! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! Have never thought to add yogurt to pancakes.

    I just love blueberry pancakes.

    Gemma x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a delicious tradition! I have a serious pancake craving now :P I may give this a go for Shrove Tuesday :)
    I love the enamel mugs. I will have to keep an eye out for those, they would be perfect for tea breaks while out doing the gardening.
    Have a great weekend and enjoy the chocolate chip pancakes (yummers!)
    Magie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely tradition .... pancake day soon and I don't see why they have to be reserved for that day alone .... pop over to my blog there is an award for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is the sort of tradition I like the sound of!

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post. Pancakes taste wonderful with the bananas added to the mix. I have done them with the bananas sliced and also slightly mashed. Both way are great! Hope you enjoy experimenting! I love your blog by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blueberry compote looks absolutely stunning! I really wish I had made pancakes this morning now. Definitely a good tradition to have. I used to like helping my Granny make pancakes on a Sunday morning when I was little.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum! My kids love their bananas sauteed in butter before I put them on their pancakes - another perfect Saturday morning tradition in our house!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look delicious! I love the mugs too! I wish the fiance and I had a tradition! We need to think of one! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I love reading them and will always try to get back to you and visit your blog! xx Gem