Wednesday, 25 April 2012

Snippets of my Week


*digging out my favourite vintage brooch*

Ok, so, the weather has been rubbish lately - constant rainy showers, hardly any sunshine and definitely no warmth, so to make up for it I've been taking lots of cheerful pictures!
I like focusing on the little things, a bunch of pretty flowers, a new top, colourful kitchen bits, and it has definitely helped brighten up my week. I am loving the instagram app on my phone, I love that the photos are square for a change, and you can add so many effects to make them look pretty. I can see my camera being made slightly redundant!


*a jug of roses on our new vintage trunk, the collar on my new top, reflections in a vintage mirror, colourful coffee mugs in the kitchen*

I am really enjoying recording little snippets of my week, I love recording little aspects of my life, even if the photos don't mean anything they are still a nice memory and keep me feeling creative!


*peach lipgloss in adorable packaging*

I loved the Parisian style packaging of this lipgloss when I spotted it in H&M. I am finding myself drawn to all things French and Parisian in anticipation for my little anniversary trip in May! 
I have been LOVING watching The Little Paris Kitchen on BBC2 with Rachel Khoo, and I now cannot wait to go!


*dinner on the trunk, a rare glimpse of sunshine, my £3 yellow roses, a new blouse*

Its amazing how much brighter things are with a pretty bunch of flowers don't you think! Wearing my new blouse cheered me up too, I love the bow pattern and the gold buttons, it was a recent Primark find - gotta love that shop!


*my colourful kitchen shelves*

Lastly, my kitchen shelves had a dust down and a little re-arrange and are now looking even more colourful than before!
What are you doing in this miserable weather to cheer yourself up?
xg

13 comments:

  1. Hello! I've just found your lovely blog via Country Rabbit and just wanted to say Hi and i've become a follower! :) I'm going to pop the kettle on now and have a good read, we seem to love a lot of the same things! Have a lovely day, Marina x

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello love ..

    love your pics they are all very pretty and girly..love the trunk.. im sure that would look nice in my house!!..
    love your primark top to..im desperate to do a primark big shop will have to get saving some of my pennies!!
    thanks for your lovely comments on my last post they made me me smile..im not on instagram at the minute but i am loving looking at everyones pictures
    charl
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have a really lovely styly both home and fashion ;0)...very bright and cheery- i do love fresh flowers ;0)...such a lovely vintage brooch ;0)xx the paris kitchen is sooo adorable- it reminds me of being at uni and going to Paris to see my pattern designs at the world trades fair...we stayed in a lovely hotel in Paris myself and 30 other students ;0)...it all seemed dreamy and exciting ;0)x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely things as always! I love all the pastel and bright colours. £3 for the roses? Great price. Where did you get them from?

    Gemma x

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your instagrams!
    the brooch is lovely as the lipgloss packaging very beautiful!
    those bowls with those colours are amazing!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those bowls. They are so bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The weather has been pretty miserable hey, strangely though I have been enjoying it, I love watching the rain, so long as I'm not out in it any way. x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your bright and cheery kitchen bowls and your pretty flask! I've not got into Instagram yet having not got an Iphone, but I hear it is now available for other smart phones too - will have to investigate! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Colour and pretty things cheer me up too. Blessings Niki x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have nominated you for the Sunshine Award. Pop over to my blog for details. Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello,
    I visited your blog today. I saw this gorgeous vintage brooch on 'Teacups and Bunting,' and I had to come and see it. I collect brooches. This blue one is very unique. Your blog is so lovely, and your pictures are vibrant with color. Me and my daughters started a blog, and we would love it if you could visit us and follow. I would enjoy coming back to visit with you. Your blog is filled with simplicity and beauty - two things which I love. I hope to hear from you, and have a sweet day.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am such a big fan of your instagram photos, they're all so lovely! You inspired me to take a trip to Primark (I haven't shopped in primark for a long long time) but all the lovely floral things you have been picking up recently and posting on instagram made me want to go...not sure if that's a good thing for my bank account!!

    Before I go, I just wanted to let you know about a giveaway I am currently having to celebrate my first blog birthday, just in case you wanted to enter :)

    Lexie @ piecesofwonderful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I love reading them and will always try to get back to you and visit your blog! xx Gem